best prom ever

it's 4 AM, and i'm wide awake. "we're best friends, ashley. you know, best friends, best friends who stick to each other like thighs stick to leather couches."

best friends. best friends aren't supposed to have sex with each other, best friends are supposed to just stay there. be best friends. best friends stick to each other like thighs on leather couches.

like my thighs are sticking to the leather couch in tyler's living room right now.

i look up again, there's the glowing screen of my cell phone with just those words in it (we're best friends, ashley. thighs stick to leather couches. best friends, ashley.)

then tyler, asleep just a foot or two away, with the covers draped around him and his face smushed against the pillow. god damn, he's really not that attractive, i think, but it'd be a lot more believable if i hadn't been pressed up against that naked body just an hour or two ago.

the floor, grey carpet, then there's tyler's boxers, a pair of sheer tights, the pair of sheer tights my mom made me wear, tyler's slacks, tyler's shirt, tyler's suit jacket, a godawful pink prom dress (and i know that i'm supposed to think of it as 'my prom dress', presumably like all those other girls who just had post-prom sex with their boyfriends), i lay back down and cross my arms above my chest, there's a small vaguely finger-shaped bruise next to my nipple, and now i think back to tyler and his hands and his dick and.

it was 3 AM, and tyler was lying next to me, his arms wrapped around my waist and his lips on my neck, and i think he must have talked about love or dating or something like that, but i don't remember because my head is empty like radio static, except for his hands and his mouth and that small voice in the back of my head that keeps telling me that i made a giant fucking mistake. tyler's eyes are half-closed, and knowing him he'll probably be asleep soon, and it only takes a few more love-dating-sex sentences before he stops talking, and then his breath gets all even and quiet and he's sound asleep, and i just lie there and stay awake and listen to that small voice and the radio static starts to fade and fade and the small voice turns into a big voice and.

it was 2 AM, and tyler and i were sitting in his car, with somewhat mediocre take out from taco bell in our laps ("taco hell", tyler would say, and the joke would be old but i would still laugh because it's tyler), and tyler asked me if i'd go back to his place. (and of course i said yes, because it's right across the street and it's not like we've never done this before.) we flop down onto the couch, and it only takes a few minutes until his tongue is in my mouth and vice versa, and a few more minutes until his shirt comes off, the prom dress, his slacks, until we're both naked and then it happens once again and tab a goes into slot b and he tells me how good i look and.

it was 1 AM, and prom night was over. tyler and i had decided to go together, just as friends, or something like that (like every other couple of friends of whom neither had a date). he asked me if i wanted to get something from taco hell, and of course i said yes, and we ride in his car and i take off my heels and tyler turns up the radio because who cares if it's past midnight and.

and now it's still 4 AM, and we're still naked, and my thighs are still sticking to his leather couch, and i peel myself off the couch and get up and search for a pack of cigarettes (i usually don't smoke, but tonight is a different story, so i light one and exhale and i cough so hard at that my eyes start watering)

(and even after i've smoked three more cigs i still can't calm down enough to see a good side in tyler naked on the sofa and the prom dress on the floor)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen